Why Hire Web Content Writers
A company needs to hire Web Content Writers when it needs to update or create new web content. Web Content Writers are able to produce large amounts of high-quality articles and information for websites, social media posts, and other internet outlets.
Web Content Writer Job Responsibilities
Web Content Writers are expected to:
- Make changes to the company website and social media accounts
- Ensure that the website remains up-to-date and relevant for potential clients, existing readers, and others
- Monitor website text for errors and make corrections when necessary
- Suggest new topics for blogs
Web Content Writer Experience Needed
Generally, a typical candidate for this position should have:
- At least an Associate’s degree in Writing, English, or a similar field. Some companies may require Web Content Writers with an educational background in their industry
- At least one year of experience with producing web copy (Writing experience can be substituted; ideally these are entry-level jobs)
Web Content Writer Salary
Salary for a Web Content Writer is hard to pinpoint because many of these professionals work on a part-time and/or contract basis. Among full-time workers, however, salaries start at $35,000 and can go as high as $120,000 for writers in very specialized fields.