The responsibilities of a VP of Infrastructure can vary slightly from company to company, but most positions are required to:
- Work alongside the CIO and VP of Business Applications (as well as other tech professionals) to run enterprise elements while assisting in the implementation of tech infrastructure strategy.
- Project management
- Developing tech and engineering management requirements for the organization while working with the existing staff on top of hiring new employees to work within the company’s tech infrastructure
- Creating and setting infrastructure standards and implementing tech architecture as well as IT operations throughout the company
- Capable of providing round the clock leadership within the company’s IT infrastructure as tech issues can develop at any time of the day or night
A VMWare Engineer does a lot more than just create virtualization for your business. They are responsible for making every day a bit easier through the use of technology and VMWare. The experience you should look for in a candidate includes:
- Effective communication and proven results in previous positions
- Experience in IT or a related field, preferred experience with network security
- Knowledge and experience using VMWare
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field such as IT, not required but highly suggested as a requirement
You can learn more about the average salary of a VMWare Engineer by viewing our IT Salary Guide for more information.