Security Architects have a host of job responsibilities. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Maintaining company’s computer system security
- Working odd hours and often on-call shifts in order to implement immediate changes
- Working with other IT departments to bring about additional security features that best protect these areas of the business as well
When it comes to hiring the right Security Architects, you need one with the right experience. Beyond a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field, they should have experience with:
- Analytics and identifying problems within a large source of information
- Computer coding and identifying missing information within the coding
The average salary for Security Architects is right around $65,000, although this does depend on a host of factors, including the size of the company, on-call requirements, and location.