Why Hire Product Managers
Building up products from ideas is an important task for any company. Seeing the development and eventual final product is extremely satisfying, yet it takes a very specific professional to handle this kind of task, which is why it is important to hire Product Managers.
Product Manager Job Responsibilities
A Product Manager has a host of job responsibilities. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Managing a team working on product development and production from initial concept to final product
- Identifying market requirements for not only current products but upcoming products
- Working with the marketing department to determine the best way to market a product
- Looking over partner relationships to determine what works best for the current company
Product Manager Experience Needed
A quality Product Manager is going to have at least three years experience in the marketing product management field and they will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Product Management, Business Management, Product Design or a similar field. Some other experience to look for includes:
- Extensive knowledge on design software, including Adobe Creative Suite and CAD programming
- Demonstrated strong work ethic since an entire team depends on the work and guidance of this individual
- Ability to travel to customer and non-customer facilities in order to determine response to product and make adjustments when necessary
Product Manager Salary
The average salary for a Product Manager is $108,000 annually.