Why Hire Network Engineers:
As a business’s network grows, it is going to need new professionals who are able to work within the company and help the tech element stay in line with it as well, which is going to include the need to hire Network Engineers. With a Network Engineer, it helps ensure the quality of the internal network as well as the ability to build towards the future.
Network Engineer Job Responsibilities:
There are so many different responsibilities associated with this job title. After all, there are around a dozen different kinds of networks. So, when keeping this in mind, when hiring a Network Engineer it is important to highlight the following responsibilities:
- Extended experience within the company’s network (which can include LAN, MAN, SAN, VoIP and all sorts of other network services)
- Establishing and maintaining the network to work with the needs of the company
- Maximize network efficiency
- Secure network systems
- Upgrading data network equipment
- Configuring all routing and switching hardware within the building
- Configure hosted IP services (when required)
- Working directly with customers over phone and email when setting up equipment
Network Engineer Experience Needed:
When looking for the right candidate, it is necessary to make sure they fit the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, network security, electrical engineering, computer systems or a similar degree.
- Knowledge on the latest computer networking trends
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Exceptional organization skills
Network Engineer Salary:
The pay is usually going to sit around $75,000 on average for someone in the early stages of their career.