Microsoft Cloud Engineers are responsible for:
- Effectively utilizing tools within Microsoft’s Cloud to create new applications, websites, and programs
- Identifying ways in which new applications and programs can improve customer experience
- Documenting new designs and updates to existing programs
- Working with other departments in order to meet company goals
Exact qualifications for a Microsoft Cloud Engineer can vary. However, typical candidates will have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or a similar field
- Ability to work with diverse members of an application production team, as well as other company staff
- At least one year of experience with creating and working with Microsoft Cloud programs. Some experience may be required in specific programs.
The average salary range for a Microsoft Cloud Engineer is heavily dependent on the size and location of the company. Salaries tend to start around $80,000 but increase significantly for developers with specific skill sets or experience.