Machine Learning Engineers tend to have the following responsibilities as part of their jobs:
- Design and create computer systems and robotics capable of learning
- Work closely with product developers, programmers, and other staff members
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with existing systems and new products
Machine Learning Engineers tend to have the following experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or a similar field. A Master’s Degree or Doctorate is preferred.
- At least five years of experience with advanced and custom programming
- At least one year of experience with company-specific software and programming platforms. More experience is preferred, but in many cases the programming platforms have not been in existence long enough for this to be possible.
The average salary range for Machine Learning Engineers is very dependent on the project and experience of the engineer. Salaries start around $100,000 and can rapidly increase.