Why Hire Lead Generation Specialists
A company needs to hire Lead Generation Specialists in order to break into new markets and introduce their products to new clients. This position will work very closely with Sales teams in order to identify and promote a company and its products or services to potential clients.
Lead Generation Specialist Job Responsibilities
Lead Generation Specialists are expected to:
- Identify potential markets, clients, and customers; often with little outside support
- Work with professionals in Marketing, Sales, and Product Development in a support capacity
- Think creatively in order to reach new potential clients
- Manage data on new clients and potential leads
Lead Generation Specialist Experience Needed
While required experience can vary based on the needs of the company, a typical candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Communications, or a similar field
- Ability to reach a wide range of potential clients; at many companies good candidates must have a large pool of industry contacts
- At least one year of experience in Sales
- Ability to coordinate with multiple Sales team members
Lead Generation Specialist Salary
Salary for a Lead Generation Specialist is often dependent on commissions and the rate of sales growth. For this reason, salaries can range from $25,000 at very small companies to over $300,000 at large companies.