Graphic Designers have a job responsibilities. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Designing and illustrating layouts and copy for the necessary advertising or services a company requires
- Producing finished copy art.
- Working with marketing and production team to make sure graphic designs fit needs of the company.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, printers and other companies to ensure finish product is as desired.
When hiring Graphic Designers, there are several experience points you need to look for. In general, Graphic Designers have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, advertising, advertising design, illustration or a similar field. Other experience includes:
- Extremely knowledgeable on working with Adobe Creative Suite (namely Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience with publishing tools
- Working in a team setting
- Ability to work on a tight deadline and take criticism
- Some work with video product design software is a plus
The average salary for a Graphic Designer is $40,600 annually, although this can vary based on job location and size of company.