Why Hire Front-End Developers:
A company needs to hire Front-End Developers when it wants to focus on the customer experience of its website or software. Front-End Developers design and create a variety of apps, software, and websites that are aimed at the customer or user. These interfaces need to be attractive and functional. A large part of a Front-End Developer’s job is to ensure that their projects provide a positive experience for the user.
Front-End Developer Responsibilities:
A Front-End Developer is expected to
- Create and develop the user interface for a customer or user on websites, software, and applications
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Work closely with Back-end Developers, Project Managers, and other staff
- Create and maintain continuity in styles across multiple products
Front End Developer Experience Needed:
Generally, a typical candidate for this position should have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Design or Programming. In many cases, job experience and/or certifications in HTML, CSS, or other programming languages are acceptable
- Extensive familiarity with multiple programming languages, designs, and best practices
- A minimum of one year of experience. Education may be substituted for this.
Front-End Developer Salary:
The average salary for a Front-End Developer with less than three years of experience ranges from $53,000 to $74,750.