A Digital Strategist holds many different job responsibilities. These responsibilities include:
- Producing detailed research into individual clients and the performance of a company, clients and the competition
- Looking through the competition and understanding how to implement favorable marketing strategies to exceed that of other companies
- Performing Web based audits to map out global brand’s footprint
- Supporting lead marketing strategist and marketing department
A qualified professional will have at least a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics or a similar field. They also need to have at least three years of experience with the strategic marketing position. Some other desirable forms of experience include:
- Experience working in international markets
- Understanding of marketing principles
- Comprehension of SEO, Google AdWords, Analytics and social platforms
- Understanding of website design, search engines and social media tools.
A Digital Strategist has an average salary of around $70,000 when just starting out. Professionals with over a decade of experience push the median income to $88,000. The average salary ranges based on location, length of experience, and the size of the company.