Augmented Reality Engineers tend to have the following responsibilities as part of their jobs:
- Designing and creating computer programs and applications capable of utilizing real-time, real-world data
- Working closely with product developers, programmers, and other staff members to create and launch new products
- Identifying and troubleshooting issues with existing systems and new products
Augmented Reality Engineers tend to have the following experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or a similar field. A Master’s Degree is often preferred for larger projects.
- At least three years of experience with advanced and custom programming. Please note that this experience does not necessarily have to be with augmented reality programming.
- At least one year of experience with augmented reality programming
The average salary range for Augmented Reality Engineers is very dependent on the project and experience of the engineer. Salaries start around $85,000 and can quickly increase based on project scope and experience needed.