Why Hire an IT Manager:
To hire an IT Manager means that your company is getting a manager for all of their technological needs. IT Managers are able to coordinate software programs across multiple computer interfaces and servers, in addition to providing support to staff.
IT Manager Job Responsibilities:
An IT Manager can have a wide array of job responsibilities depending on the company’s goals. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Control over and management of all aspects of a company’s information technology equipment, including software and user interfaces
- Updating existing software, security features, and other IT products
- Communicating effectively with other members of the IT department as well as other department heads
IT Manager Experience Needed:
Exact qualifications for an IT Manager can depend heavily on the exact needs of the company. Typical candidates, however, will have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field
- Ability to work with and manage diverse members of an IT team
- At least five years of experience working in an IT department
- Extensive experience with a company’s network and software
IT Manager Salary:
The average salary range for an IT Manager is heavily dependent on the size and location of the company. Positions tend to pay around $90,000 a year.