Application Security Managers are responsible for:
- Detecting and analyzing malicious software programs and viruses that could threaten their client or company’s web applications
- Identifying weaknesses in a company’s application cybersecurity
- Developing strategies to protect company applications from outside attack
Exact qualifications for an Application Security Managers can vary. However, typical candidates will have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field
- Ability to work with diverse members of a cybersecurity team
- At least five years of experience in Cybersecurity. Direct experience with application security is usually preferred.
The average salary range for an Application Security Manager can vary based on the security needs of the employer. Pay tends to start at $90,000 and can increase significantly based on the needs of the company. Typical pay packages include a range of insurance and retirement benefits as well as significant performance bonuses.