The VP of Interactive holds several key job responsibilities. These responsibilities include:
- Managing the interactive team to ensure production stays on track for producing desirable visuals.
- Looking into new forms of technology and software capable of expanding upon the company’s interactive footprint
- Leading the team from the initial concept to the finished product
When looking for the right VP of Interactive, it is first necessary to start with their education. A VP of Interactive should have at least a Master’s Degree (or a Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of on the job experience) in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Digital Marketing, Analytics, or a similar field. In addition, desirable experience includes:
- Knowledge on the latest editions of Adobe Creative Suite
- Capable of working with motion development software
- Understanding and knowledge of social media and the latest consumer trends
The average salary of a VP of Interactive is $136,000, depending on the location and size of the company.