A VP of eCommerce is expected to:
- Manage all aspects of a company’s online retail presence
- Handle any technological and software issues
- Work closely with Marketing, Consumer Support, and other company departments in order to meet sales goals
- Ensure a positive customer experience.
While required experience tends to vary based on the six of the company, a typical candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Online Retail Management, or similar field
- Ample experience working in an online retail environment
- Ability to coordinate with other VPs to complete projects
Salary for a VP of eCommerce position depends heavily on the size of the company and scope of the online retail space. Typical salaries at smaller companies range from $110,000 to $145,000. Most positions include ample benefits and stock options.