Why Hire a VP of Infrastructure:
The VP of Infrastructure (and often operations) takes the lead in implementing and setting up the tech infrastructure in your business. Whether inside of a large corporation, school district or other location where extensive networking technology is use. When looking to hire a VP of Infrastructure, there are several key responsibilities needed for the position.
VP of Infrastructure Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of a VP of Infrastructure can vary slightly from company to company, but most positions are required to:
- Work alongside the CIO and VP of Business Applications (as well as other tech professionals) to run enterprise elements while assisting in the implementation of tech infrastructure strategy.
- Project management
- Developing tech and engineering management requirements for the organization while working with the existing staff on top of hiring new employees to work within the company’s tech infrastructure
- Creating and setting infrastructure standards and implementing tech architecture as well as IT operations throughout the company
- Capable of providing round the clock leadership within the company’s IT infrastructure as tech issues can develop at any time of the day or night
VP of Infrastructure Experience Needed:
There are several key skills and experience you need to look for when hiring a VP of Infrastructure. Some of these skills include:
- Displayed management skills
- Experience with the latest IT hardware
- Hands on and a self starter
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of working multiple projects at the same time
VP of Infrastructure Salary:
When hiring a new VP of Infrastructure, you can expect a competitive salary to range from $140,000 to nearly $200,000, depending on experience and the size of the company.