The responsibilities of a VP of Infrastructure can vary slightly from company to company, but most positions are required to:
- Work alongside the CIO and VP of Business Applications (as well as other tech professionals) to run enterprise elements while assisting in the implementation of tech infrastructure strategy.
- Project management
- Developing tech and engineering management requirements for the organization while working with the existing staff on top of hiring new employees to work within the company’s tech infrastructure
- Creating and setting infrastructure standards and implementing tech architecture as well as IT operations throughout the company
- Capable of providing round the clock leadership within the company’s IT infrastructure as tech issues can develop at any time of the day or night
There are several key skills and experience you need to look for when hiring a VP of Infrastructure. Some of these skills include:
- Displayed management skills
- Experience with the latest IT hardware
- Hands on and a self starter
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of working multiple projects at the same time
When hiring a new VP of Infrastructure, you can expect a competitive salary to range from $140,000 to nearly $200,000, depending on experience and the size of the company.