The Director of Multimedia can have a wide array of job responsibilities depending on the company’s goals. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Developing new and original content including advertisements and informational pieces
- Updating existing media and/or finding new uses for pieces that have already been produced
- Communicating effectively with other members of the media arts team
Exact qualifications for a Director of Multimedia can depend heavily on the exact needs of the company. Typical candidates, however, will have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media Science, or a similar field. A Master’s degree, such as an MBA, is often preferred for companies with a large media presence.
- At least five years of experience working in a Media department
- Ability to lead a large, diverse team
The average salary range for a Director of Multimedia is heavily dependent on the size and location of the company. Positions can start at $60,000, but salaries increase significantly for media-bevy companies.