The CIO does have several important job requirements, no matter of the size of the company. These job requirements include:
- Evaluate the current information technology of the company and make recommendations on necessary changes to improve productivity.
- Investigating and understanding current tech trends and developing tech trends to determine the best new hardware and software capable of meeting the company’s needs.
- Look over vendor proposals and work on contracts with such vendors.
Monitor the maintenance of a company’s network and database.
When hiring a potential candidate, some education and training requirements to look for include:
Master of Science degree in a tech based field, such as Information Technology.
- Capable of working with new technologies
- Leadership skills
- Manage and maintain comprehensive technology
- Create new system tools to improve business productivity
A typical Program Manager can make between $75,000 and $200,000. Salary is highly dependent on the company and location, however.