A Chief Marketing Officer’s job responsibilities include:
- Being familiar with a number of different types of media, including print, online, and television
- Able to develop and manage online marketing campaigns
- Willing to assess marketing strategies critically
- Able to work closely with other company departments in order to meet company goals
A typical candidate for these positions should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a similar field; often a Master’s degree is preferred by larger companies. On the job experience is rarely considered an adequate substitute for a formal education.
- Ten or more years of experience with many different types of marketing campaigns
- The ability to coordinate with many staff members
Salary for a Chief Marketing Officer depends heavily on company size. Salaries tend to start around $120,000.