Why Hire a Chief Marketing Officer
When your company decides to hire a Chief Marketing Officer, it’s looking for a person who can manage every aspect of your company’s marketing strategy and campaigns. This is a job that requires a person who is able to consider a number of strategies in order to meet sales goals. A successful Chief Marketing Officer is able to be both creative and firmly grounded in analytical methods in order to constantly assess a marketing campaign.
Chief Marketing Officer Job Responsibilities
A Chief Marketing Officer’s job responsibilities include:
- Being familiar with a number of different types of media, including print, online, and television
- Able to develop and manage online marketing campaigns
- Willing to assess marketing strategies critically
- Able to work closely with other company departments in order to meet company goals
Chief Marketing Officer Experience Needed
A typical candidate for these positions should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a similar field; often a Master’s degree is preferred by larger companies. On the job experience is rarely considered an adequate substitute for a formal education.
- Ten or more years of experience with many different types of marketing campaigns
- The ability to coordinate with many staff members
Chief Marketing Officer Salary
Salary for a Chief Marketing Officer depends heavily on company size. Salaries tend to start around $120,000.